Monday, April 11, 2011

Afternoon

Often in the Afternoon is when I get creative spurts.  I sketched a little and then made a shirt.

Basically in my sketch of a lady, I was looking over some old DaVinci drawings and felt inspired by the softness and subtle quality of his sketches.  I wanted to practice in this soft style.  As I was drawing, I began contemplating on how beauty in art is stolen and translated from life, then art is stolen and translated into new art and so on.  After I was done I felt that "Thief" be the appropriate title, not to mention the beauties that you meet in life that occasionally steal a piece of you, leaving their imprint on who you are, forever changing who you will become.
All meaning aside...I just wanted to draw something that had an old stylized beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment